Remember that you can treat many minor ailments such as colds, coughs and indigestion by keeping a well-stocked medicine cabinet at home such as:
- Paracetamol and aspirin ( children under 16 & people with asthma should not take aspirin)
- Mild laxatives
- Anti-diarrhoeal medicines
- Rehydration mixture
- Indigestion remedies (i.e. antacids)
- Travel sickness tablets
- A selection of plasters, non-absorbent cotton wool, elastic bandages and dressings
- Tweezers and sharp scissors
REMEMBER - Always read the instructions and use the suggested dose, check any expiry dates and take any unwanted or out of date medicines back to the Pharmacy who will dispose of them for you.
Keep the medicine chest in a secure, locked place and out of reach of small children.